Associate Enrollment Advisor
Associate Enrollment Advisors advise, educate, consult and support qualified potential students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling in one of our higher education programs. Student leads are provided. They are monitored on things such as the quality of outbound calls, inbound calls, lead contact activity, applications, attitude, working relationships and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students with the enrollment process, by answering questions, directing them to critical information and clarifying the admissions process.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to articulate the academic programs of University of St. Augustine and educate prospective student about the educational offerings
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a degree.
- Receive and follow-up on potential students via videoconference, phone, email, fax, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees.
- Provide essential information related to admissions requirements and enrollment processes to prospective students.
- Assess potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in various degree programs
- Qualify and advise students for various academic programs.
- Searches and analyses transcripts; determines whether transcripts satisfy prerequisite completion; records results in database; tracks and reevaluates application status as new transcripts are received.
- Consult with other admission staff and university departments to ensure an excellent student experience.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to facilitate a positive enrollment experience. This includes providing requested information or directing the prospective student to appropriate department when necessary
- Performs duties in support of University’s core values;
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at professional meetings and seminars, literature; etc.
- Participate in ethical and compliant enrollment activities regarding prospective students
- Maintaining a relevant understanding of regulations associated with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) with regards to distribution of student information and ensuring regulations are always followed.
- Must be able to represent the University in a professional manner, recruit and work with a diverse community and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Continuously follow and stay updated on policies and procedures, as provided by University of St. Augustine
- All other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Enrollment Manager
Positions Supervised: N/A
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one-year higher education, sales, customer service, account management or related experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent telephone skills. Possess interpersonal skills that promote relationship-building
- Possess the ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present in live and virtual settings
- Experience with student management systems and associated technology
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
- Ability to travel within the United States as necessary
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Limited travel as necessary to other work locations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only) - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Job Family Sales/Enrollment
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miami, FL, USA