The primary responsibilities of the Software Developer include the development, design and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing business projects. Duties revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. Other responsibilities include system testing and validation procedures and working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. The ideal candidate must be able to perform data analysis tracking data elements from the source, through transformation all the way to the target destination. The Software Developer supports delivery of business and education solutions and supports software solutions while collaborating with business users to understand requirements for solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business, and systems analysts
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrated a strong business acumen and the ability to work independently and across teams.
- Driven, self-starter who can collaborate across all levels and teams within an organization.
- Effective written and oral communication is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Access) suite required.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, a plus.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies; demonstrated resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or at least 5 years of work experience in relevant field.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g., Hibernate)
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Miami, FL, USA
- San Marcos, CA, USA
- St. Augustine, FL, USA