Information Technology - IT Generalist I
The primary responsibilities of the IT Generalist include serving as the primary point of contact for the technology needs of the campus; coordinating systems support staff for the campus; and ensuring and communicating uniform configuration and services with other USAHS campuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures and maintains computer equipment, peripherals and software for the user community.
- Acts as point of contact with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software; arranges schedules and appointments to facilitate resolution.
- Responds to, updates and closes user generated tickets; partners with Help Desk and Systems Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from end users; documents all help-desk activity in SysAid
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, video conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Performs classroom AV set-up, configuration and dismantle.
- Orients new employees to use hardware and software in accordance with department processes; performs off-boarding deactivation as necessary for departing employees.
- Identifies, recommend and/or performs system/software upgrades as necessary. Assesses needs to determine necessity for hardware and software purchases; Initiates purchase orders and obtains approvals in accordance with University guidelines.
- Updates and maintains flow charts and word documents to document IT department policies and processes.
- Manages and maintains system back-up tapes
- Manages computer equipment inventory.
- Follows University’s core values
- Supports and demonstrates student-centered behaviors
- Upholds University’s professional ethics and integrity standards
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the art developments through attendance at professional meetings and seminars and literature
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Manager, IT Help Desk
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The appropriate candidate for this position would possess a strong business acumen working independently and across teams. We are looking for driven self-starters who can collaborate across all levels and teams within an organization. Effective written and oral communication is a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Access) suite required. Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus.
- Undergraduate Degree (Preferably in CIS, CS, IS or other computing area) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in IT support environment
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Office 365 preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint administration preferred
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft product suite
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty, staff and students as well as external constituencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
- Ability to travel within the United States as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekend
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 700 Windy Point Dr, San Marcos, CA 92069, USA