Student Worker - San Marcos
San Marcos, CA, USA Req #625
Thursday, September 15, 2022
The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
This position is responsible for assisting the assigned team / department in a variety of administrative tasks, project and/or research related activities, specifically in their current field of study.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Student Worker will report directly to the Department Manager for the assignment. The student in this position will work closely with the manager to help administer and complete projects as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Applied knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as sentence and paragraph
• Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with a diverse staff and user population
• Ability to follow routine oral and written instructions
• Ability to perform effective customer service
• Basic computer knowledge and skills including accurate keyboarding.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Candidates must be a student currently enrolled in a graduate level degree program.
• The successful candidate must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better on all coursework completed, must have strong professional writing, editorial, and communication skills.
• Be able to work independently and demonstrate an understanding of the academic and professional experiences of students.
• Must be organized and capable of solving issues, responding to general questions and responding to routine requests for information.
• The Student Worker should plan to commit approximately 10 hours per week to this position. Student Workers may work up to 15 hours per week with prior Program Director authorization and will be based on factors such as GPA and academic standing.
***After you apply, please contact Dawn Sciglibaglio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Student Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- San Marcos, CA, USA