REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - CORPORATE SALES
The Regional Sales Manager consults with co-op member’s salespeople and member’s sales leadership on logistic opportunities. Regularly meets with logistic members to assess business needs, develop recommended solutions, create action plans, and motivate voluntary participation in programs and services. Acts as sales liaison between members and UniGroup and serves as the member’s sales advocate.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado or California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses member’s needs, market conditions, the competitive landscape, and identifies strategies to maximize member’s sales and profits.
- Regularly meets with members to assess business needs, collaboratively develop recommended solutions, create action plans, which will serve to motivate voluntary participation in programs and services.
- Create and deliver sales presentations at the request of members, on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates the execution of corporate initiatives and programs with intentions to enhance agent adoption and success.
- Develops new prospects for the benefit of the member network and interact with existing customers, as requested to increase sales of the member’s services.
- Identify revenue opportunities at the corporate account and co-op member level for all logistics business lines.
- Design and develop recommend sales and marketing programs and set short and long-term sales strategies as requested.
- Participate in cooperative sales calls and presentations to clients as requested.
- Manages and maintains current member/business relationships and seeks new accounts through sales, marketing, tradeshows, conferences, and referrals.
- Leads headquarters and members in the development and implementation of account-specific sales strategies.
- Provides regular reports to management regarding activities and suggested strategies.
- Represents the company at various tradeshows and events.
- Assist with contract negotiation, strategic solutions, and pricing analysis
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- 3+ years of logistics field experience
- Ability to adapt organizational changes to facilitate a total sales solution.
- Must possess excellent selling skills to effectively represent the company and its co-op network.
- Demonstrated performance history of meeting/exceeding objectives and deadlines.
- Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
Skills and Competencies:
- Functional Expertise: Exercises independent judgment and applies in-depth knowledge and expertise to solve complex/technical problems across work groups; accountable for developing and recommending solutions.
- Interpersonal: Develops effective working relationships across UniGroup; directs team efforts by providing technical/process expertise and guidance.
- Leadership/Change: Demonstrates leadership by encouraging integrity and ethical behavior; supports business goals, change initiatives, and development through coaching and mentoring.
- Business: Understands how UniGroup business objectives relate to the business unit, and how own performance objectives align with business unit objectives
- Communications: Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication and listening skills; possesses the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Language: Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Technology: Proficient in using multiple software programs and web-based applications such as e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite products, internet browsers, etc.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Fenton, MO, USA