SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Under general supervision, utilizes expertise to design, model, develop, construct, maintain and support data pipelines/database systems for analytical and business applications. Provides support to our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent across projects. Identifies and uses technology to solve data problems. Demonstrates ability to choose the right method, standards and techniques to use in delivery, practicality in solutions and creativity in solving problems.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado and California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds simple solutions to complex business problems through technology innovation and process improvements while owning the full lifecycle of each product.
- Builds the infrastructure required for optimal ingestion and transformation of data in real-time/batch and uses programming languages/tools to assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Collaborates with other functions to ensure data needs are addressed.
- Communicated status of assigned work to management and follows practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies.
- Consistently engages as member of self-organized, high-performing team focused on delivering continuous value.
- Creates merge requests and issues by collaborating with stakeholders to reduce scope and focus on iteration.
- Develops, constructs, tests, and maintains steaming and batch data pipeline architectures to build data marts.
- Ensures the efficient development of effective information systems through a variety of duties including projection of budgetary constraints, generation/presentation of users’ training material, and expansion of personal knowledge of applicable technical platforms and applications.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied applications and deploys/integrates vendor-supplied software.
- Experience with one or more of these areas: data pipelines, database systems, stream processing, big data tools, programming, cloud infrastructure
- Generate architecture recommendations and the ability to implement them.
- Provides great communication: regularly achieve consensus amongst teams.
- Identifies ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business/technical requirements and systems specifications.
- Improve, manage, and tech standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed.
- Influences peers on the team with questions and insight.
- Leverages agile strategies to understand and solve business problems while collaborating on technical decisions and their implantation.
- Leverages knowledge of design patterns, architecture, infrastructure, and frameworks at an enterprise scale for fault-tolerant solutions with exceptional quality.
- Performs technical interviews.
- Seeks guidance when direction is needed and speaks up about technology risks identified and owns addressing them with the team
- Shares in the ownership of the ongoing support and takes responsibility for the team’s solutions.
- Ships medium to large features independently.
- Understands and implements data engineering best practices.
- Uses stream processing to produce value added business events for downstream consumers.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- 3-6 years deploying production code as a Data or Application Engineer
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms. (Kafka and Snowflake)
- Experience with cloud environments. (AWS)
- Experience with DataOps technologies (Git, Docker, DBT, SQL, python).
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Fenton, MO, USA