Cook - Transitional Housing
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Cook (Full Time) for the Center of Hope – Transitional Housing, located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Plans, prepares, cooks and serves nutritional meals and snacks in accordance with established guidelines and schedules; ensures all meals are prepared and served in a safe and presentable manner; cleans kitchen facilities, equipment, and appliances; maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and food in a neat and orderly manner
This position is considered full time with access to the following benefits at the completion of 90-days of employment.
- Employee Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy and Hearing)
- Includes online doctor visits through LiveHealth Online
- Behavioral health visits with board-certified Psychologists and Psychiatgrists available LiveHealth Online.
- Life Insurance: Benefit amount $20,000
- Voluntary Life Insurance (up to $300,000 for employee and $10,000 elective for spouse and children)
- Short Term Disability
- Elective Long-Term Disability
- Grief Counseling Services
- Will Preparation Services (available through enrollment in Voluntary Life Insurance plan)
- Pension Plan (3% of quarterly earnings, plus 3% match)
- Elective contributions to 403(b) via payroll withholding
- Elective FSA plan
- Supplemental Insurance Plans through AFLAC
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, three weeks after year 5
- Twelve (12) days paid sick per year (of which 6 can be used as personal days)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- One (1) floating holiday
- One (1) Employee-Appreciation Day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of proper cooking methods and procedures.
Knowledge of meal planning techniques.
Knowledge of acceptable food storage and cleaning techniques.
Ability to cook nutritional, tasteful, and safe food for large groups in a timely manner.
Ability to properly clean kitchen appliances and utensils.
Ability to order food and kitchen supplies in a economical manner and to maintain an adequate level of inventory.
Assists in coordinating and carrying-out arrangements for programs and special events.
Supervises volunteers assisting in preparing and serving meals and cleaning of kitchen equipment.
Performs other related work as required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Kitchen UtensilsBlenderMixerFood Processor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent,
One year experience cooking food for large groups,
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Ability to cook, taste, and smell food.
Duties are usually performed by frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting.
Work is performed in a normal kitchen environment where there may be limited physical discomforts associated with working around hot stoves/ovens or cold freezers.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application period:11/23/2022 – 12/23/2022
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Food Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Job Start Date Wednesday, November 23, 2022
- Job End Date Friday, December 23, 2022
- 1577 N Military Trl, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, USA