Regional Planned Giving Associate Director
The Salvation Army has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Planned Giving Associate Director in the North and South Carolina area to expand their skills and grow with one of the oldest and most successful development programs in the United States.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, basic needs assistance, children’s programs and many other programs.
This Regional Planned Giving Director position:
- Solicits, cultivates and secures documentation of planned gifts, such as wills, trusts and annuities to fund the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with donors and their professional advisors.
- Responds to inquiries and communicates with donors, prospects, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers.
- Conducts personal interviews to identify prospects, consults with individuals about specific planned giving vehicles and assists them in their estate planning to determine the most appropriate planned gift for their personal circumstances.
- Educates advisory boards and presents planned giving strategies.
- Attends and participates in conferences and training sessions, maintains up-to-date knowledge and awareness of planned giving practices and legislation in relation to planned giving and taxation.
- Travels often within the following areas: Charlotte, Fayetteville and Wilmington, North Carolina and then Columbia, Florence, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
The successful Planned Giving Regional Director candidate will have:
- Three years’ experience achieving results in the fundraising field; planned giving, major gifts, development, capital campaigns or related (financial advisor, outside territorial sales, etc.) AND a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study OR any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience building strong relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision from a personal home office.
- Experience actively developing, cultivating and managing a pipeline of donors (or prospects).
- Two to three years planned giving experience preferred, but not required.
- Ideal candidate to reside in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of a large body of new, technical information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public presentations.
Bon-a-fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ)
This position requires an active Christian faith in harmony with Salvation Army mission and principles.
Valid State Driver’s License
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, company automobile, home office set-up (computer and cell phone), health, dental and life insurance coverage, retirement plans, professional development, reimbursed travel expenses, and paid time off!
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing amongst a diverse group of people. Ability to perform public speaking and represent The Salvation Army in a professional manner. Ability to travel throughout the assigned region on a frequent basis in order to perform the responsibilities of the position.
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little to no physical discomforts. Ability to meet with donor prospects in their office or home where there may be physical discomforts and environment may not be handicap accessible. Work also requires extensive travel throughout the assigned region where there may be physical discomforts/dangers associated with driving a vehicle, changes in the weather and on-site visitation with potential donors and overnight hotel stays on a regular basis.
Oversight for the Regional Planned Giving Director position is provided by the North and South Carolina Divisional Headquarters, located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please complete our on-line application using the apply identified on this posting.
Application Submittal Period: November 12, 2022 – December 12, 2022
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family NSC-EXEMPT
- Job Function Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Columbia, SC, USA
- Fayetteville, NC, USA
- Florence, SC, USA
- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
- Wilmington, NC, USA