Store Clerk_NE-FL_401-Thrift Store Department Ft Walton Beach Full Time
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Store Clerk forthe Ft. Walton Beach Corps located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. This is a full-time position working 40 hours/week.
Assists store customers in donating, selecting, and purchasing store items; operates and maintains a cash register; responds to customer’s questions; maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the store displays; ensures the security of store items and the cash register
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position description should not be interpreted as all inclusive.It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this position description.
- Assists customers purchasing items from The Salvation Army by ringing-up sales utilizing a cash register; collects monies, counts change and prepares receipts; prepares and packages purchased items; prepares and balances the cash drawer and runs routine register print-outs; prepares and delivers bank deposits; ensures the security and accountability of all cash register funds and sales records in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Prepares, processes and maintains various sales records, tax forms, and social service vouchers; prepares routine sales reports as directed.
- Maintains the neatness and security of the cash register area; ensures that forms, bags, etc. are adequately stocked.
- Assists customers by explaining store policy and responding to questions regarding the pricing and/or purchasing of items; ensures that all customers visiting the store have a pleasant experience.
- Assists customers who are donating items to The Salvation Army; directs customers to the proper loading/unloading area, may assist with hauling donations to the storage area; prepares and provides tax receipts as needed.
- Places and arranges items in the store as directed; checks all store displays to ensure that items are maintained and displayed in a neat and orderly manner; rotates and/or rearranges stock as directed; returns items to the proper location after customer's have handled.
- Answers the store telephone in a tactful and courteous manner; assists customers by responding to questions and providing directions and/or general information; may schedule and record donation pick-ups.
- Cleans all display racks and shelves; sweeps and mops floors; cleans windows
and mirrors; ensures that the store is maintained in a clean and inviting manner.
- Opens and/or closes store doors in accordance with the store schedule.
- Assists in pricing and tagging items in the store in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists customers in carrying purchased/donated items in/out of the store.
- Assists in disaster relief projects as needed.
- Monitors work of volunteers working in store.
- Performs other related work as required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Cash RegisterHand TruckGeneral Office Equipment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or G.E.D.
1 year experience working in a retail store and six month working on a cash register ,
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of basic mathematics.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a courteous and effective manner.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical computations and count change.
- Ability to perform frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting or operating a vehicle.
Work is performed in a normal store environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Store
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.44
- Max Hiring Rate $11.66
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Ft. Walton Beach, FL 425 Mary Esther Cut Off NW 32548, 425 Mary Esther Cut Off NW, Ft Walton Beach, Florida, United States of America