Seasonal - Volunteer Coordinator - Charlotte, NC
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Seasonal FULL-TIME Volunteer Coordinator position for our Angel Tree Christmas program this year. The position starts in early October and runs through December 23rd, with some evening and weekend work required. This position is in Charlotte, North Carolina
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Strong computer skills - proficient in Word and Excel and familiar with database programs
- Be able to handle stress and manage various tasks/groups at one time
- Outgoing personality is a MUST, comfortable speaking to large groups
- Communicate with and schedule all volunteers and volunteer groups
- Follow up with groups to confirm their attendance and all the details of their volunteer event
- Greet volunteers, get them signed in to CERVIS and train/orient them for volunteer activities
- Oversee all volunteers during their visit to the Christmas Center and make sure they are comfortable and productive in their tasks
- Help interview clients and input their info during registration
Other duties as assigned throughout the season.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
.Must be a self-starter, able to take direction and work independently to meet deadlines.
Must be a team player and able to manage various tasks at a time.
Excellent interpersonal skills, well organized, and dependable.
Must be comfortable using Smart Phone/devices and wireless printers.
Excellent communication skills – able to read, write and speak in English.
Able to relate to diverse communities.
Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED
Two years of experience dealing with the public in a customer service-type position
Any equivalent demonstration of training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Materials and Equipment
Angel Tree supplies, Office phone, Walkie Talkies, Cell Phone, Laptop Computer, Printer, Wireless Computer Smart Device (I-Pad, NotePad)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Ability to meet attendance requirements, full-time daily with some evening and weekend work.
Ability to exert the physical energy required for unloading, loading, lifting and moving boxes and bags full of toys.
Ability to help set up and take down tables, chairs, dividers as needed.
Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, and climbing.
Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a warehouse setting where there may be no heat or AC and may be some physical discomfort.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family NSC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Christmas
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4015 Stuart Andrew Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28217, USA
- Charlotte, NC 4015 STUART ANDREW BLVD, STE 120 28217, 4015 STUART ANDREW BLVD, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America