Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Director of Pharmacy Operations is responsible for overall operational functioning and effectiveness in the assigned location, and is the Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) to ensure holistic compliance in the Medication Adherence Packaging Center (MAPC) and Medication Care Plan Support Center (MCPS). This role serves as a leader and manager for team members at the location and Is responsible for maintaining corporate standards while managing site performance to provide desired results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Pharmacist Duties:
- Maintains all Pharmacist In-Charge responsibilities for compliance with state, local and federal Board of Pharmacy Laws, Rules, and Regulations, including Federal DEA, and FDA pharmacy legal requirements.
- Provides Checking Pharmacist duties, or other Clinical support as required.
- Maintains records in a manner that complies with all related regulations
- Uses pharmacy systems to maintain quality levels and provide exceptional service
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory and monitors out-of-stock levels
- Uses pharmaceutical expertise to ensure efficiency and quality of operations.
- Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
- Respond to telephone inquires from internal and external customers
- Provides operational oversight to ensure the operations staff understands departmental goals and expectations
- Leads and directs daily activities to aid team members in reaching goals
- Provides leadership in company quality initiatives
- Maintains site security, as well as proper storage and security conditions for all prescription medication
- Ensures team members operate according to company standard operating procedures; identify and correct issues that require coaching or corrective action
- Assists with interviewing and selection of candidates to keep the site fully staffed
- Is responsible for operating knowledge of all pharmacy dispensing equipment and systems and for timely corrective actions when pharmacy operations equipment or systems are not producing desired results
- May work with outside vendors as related to the site or pharmacy operations
- Provides feedback and suggestions to corporate management regarding improving pharmacy operations
- Creates, maintains, revises and delivers pharmacy operations training, for new hires and for existing team members as needed.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: These represent the desired qualifications of the ideal candidate. They are not meant to limit consideration for candidates who do not meet all of the standards listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required: Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered with the CA Pharmacy Board
- Licensed Pharmacist
- Three years of pharmacy operations experience in a similar leadership role
- Prior experience maintaining compliance for a pharmacy operation
- Experience coaching, counseling and leading a team to success
- Experience with maintaining inventory for a pharmacy operation
- Experience navigating systems used in pharmacy operations
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:Required:
- Ability to navigate and learn pharmacy tech systems using a computer
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally through written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully convey and exchange information in a positive manner
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; ability to quickly learn new systems as needed
- Ability to function in a manner that gains respect of colleagues and direct reports
- Ability to accurately compile, code, categorize, calculate and verify data related to Rx drugs
- Ability to count, measure and weight RX components
- Ability to follow instructions to arrange items in specific patterns
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds as needed; climb step stool to access items; reach, push, pull, bend and twist to perform job functions
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong listening, mathematical and analytical skills are required
- Behave in a manner that exhibits integrity, empathy and commitment to the company vision and mission
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality of patient care
- Must stay abreast of current and upcoming prescribing trends, studies and new medications.
- Must meet and maintain hiring eligibility per Company standards, policies and procedures
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: This role encompasses Pharmacist duties with administrative duties. Some days may spend a majority of their day on their feet. He/she must be able to identify and categorize information/drugs. Must be able to read and understand information and ideas presented verbally and in writing. Must be able to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to rules/procedures.
Regularly lifts office and clinical supplies weighing up to five pounds; occasionally lifts or carries up to thirty pounds. May occasionally push/pull when unpacking supplies. Climbs step stool to access supply or filing shelves. Bends when unpacking supplies, filing or retrieving charts and files. May reach or twist to handle supplies/files.
Must have visual acuity to use office computer and be able to sit for extended periods, when required.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Francisco, CA, USA