Pharmacist, Call-Center ATM/CPN
May return to in-office, hybrid schedule in future.
CareKinesis - PACE organizations nationwide rely on CareKinesis pharmacy for medication risk mitigation services. CareKinesis increases medication adherence and reduces hospitalizations through expert consultation services, the EireneRx medication management platform, custom adherence packaging, and flexible medication access and delivery options. We consistently strive to reduce medication-related risk while documenting improved economic, clinical, and humanistic outcomes.
We are seeking Clinical Pharmacist who will help lead the revolution to improve healthcare to our nation’s most vulnerable seniors by assuming responsibility for the drug therapy needs and pharmacotherapy outcomes of patients.
- Responsible to ensure creation, support, maintenance and updates to patient-specific medication profiles and comprehensive pharmacotherapy patient care plans. Uses Eirene software to document pharmacotherapy and any actions taken related to patient care. Uses this software for messaging and documentation of quality assurance measures.
- Establishes and reviews individualized patient therapeutic goals that are measurable, achievable, and time-specific. Monitors achievement of such goals.
- Reviews new medications requested for appropriateness based on patient-specific parameters and makes recommendations to enhance outcomes or safety as needed. Makes suggestions to Medication Appropriateness Support staff in relation to care plans, changes, issues and education.
- Reviews patients’ medications profile monthly with cycle fill process and makes recommendations to enhance patient outcomes or safety as needed.
- Reviews patients’ medications profile, including on-line review of electronic chart clinical data to make recommendations prior to the prescriber’s six month medication review.
- Creates, reviews and approves baskets to ensure that each patient is being dispensed the correct medication.
- Uses professional judgment to provide timely, accurate and appropriate pharmaceutical care.
- Responsible for product selection, directions for use, quantity and appropriate packaging to accurately dispense prescription order.
- Responsible for accurate billing of the prescription order, including quantity, following CMS fraud, waste and abuse guidelines, and appropriately adjudicates in compliance with 3rd party prescription plans.
- Utilizes Guardian to look up all pertinent medication information and timelines on dispensing (adjudicating insurance claims—selected users).
- Is responsible for prospective drug utilization review as required by OBRA.
- For assigned clients, or as needed through call que, serves as a point of contact for the patient and their family, staff pharmacists and other care providers to answer questions regarding pharmacotherapy needs, issues and suggestions. Explains care plan options and the use, side effects, and contraindications of medications dispensed.
- Ensures compliance to state and federal laws and applicable rules and regulations required for pharmacy practice. Reports and works to rectify or prevent any incidents of QAs, HIPAA violations, Fraud, Waste and Abuse or other problems or violations.
- Retrieves emergency calls from On-call system when assigned.
- Monitors ATM dispensing.
- Facilitates Community Pharmacy Network transfers.
- Participates in monthly P&T Committee meetings and supports client liaison as needed.
- Oversees Pharmacy Technicians to ensure compliance to company and regulatory guidelines, quality and efficiency of patient care and continued career development for the technicians.
- Assures appropriate patient monitoring for therapeutic effect, potential side effects, drug/drug, drug disease state interactions, etc.
- Ensures that patient care decisions and actions as well as coding/billing are properly documented using proprietary software system.
- Provides reports and analysis to management as requested as necessary to monitor and improve patient care and center operations.
- Works with software developers/IT team as needed to help identify system enhancements that will improve automation/efficiencies.
- PharmD from accredited University.
- BCGP preferred.
Experience & Training:
- Must have experience with direct contact with prescribers and patients.
- BCGP (must have or obtain within 6 months of hire or eligibility to sit for exam).
- Must have an active NJ Pharmacist license in in good standing.
- Strong analytical skills and good clinical judgment.
- Strong technical skills (to monitor and make suggestions about proprietary system development/enhancements).
- Big picture oriented with the ability to evaluate and improve operations.*Excellent telephone and written customer service etiquette.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Doctorate
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA