Software Product Engineering - Sr. Engineer - Data Services
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
The Senior Software Engineer supports and maintains software while delivering incremental improvements. This position works collaboratively with peer engineers, and with business stakeholders, balancing quality work and implementing best practices against business demands. Work must be carried out in a structured engineering process, respecting the special compliance considerations of healthcare data. The Senior Engineer will have a strong understanding of Object Oriented and Service Oriented Architectures who can help develop state-of-the-art solutions to enable better clinical outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work in an Agile development environment; actively participate in and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies.
- Design, develop and deliver software solutions per requirements and committed schedules. Work closely with Product Owner in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications.
- Produce detailed technical specifications based on requirements and design.
- Ability to code review and provide recommendations for reliable and maintainable code.
- Analyze and research software requirements to determine feasibility of design and market requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Serve as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or complex enhancements to existing software.
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with integrating them with our Cloud and product infrastructure.
- Proactively raises problems and solutions to staff engineers and management.
- Communicate and propose solutions to updates, changes, and risks to stakeholders.
- Share knowledge to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.Not all duties may be assigned to a position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: These represent the desired qualifications of the ideal candidate. They are not meant to limit consideration for candidates who do not meet all of the standards listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or 4+ years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 5 yearsof software development experience with modern programming languages and concepts.
- Expertise in two or more general purpose programming languages, with ability to learn more.
- Experience using provided tools (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP, GitLab, New Relic, Sentry).
- Experience implementing high availability, high throughput, scalable systems.
- Experience with agile methodology is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.) preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working with ETL tools
- Ability to identify and diagnose ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions
- 5+ years’ experience with Data Warehouse methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience with flat file automation (pull, post)
- 3+ years’ experience with databases (RDBMS, Google BigQuery)
- Strong ability with dimensional data modeling and OLAP principles
- Experience with Grafana, Docker, AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes and can safely maneuver/setup configurations in those environments
- “SOLID” knowledge of programming fundamentals – data structures, design patterns, algorithms, and paradigms
- Solid knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Advanced SQL skills, including data modeling
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience in healthcare technology.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards and certifications, such as Meaningful Use, FHIR and/or HL7.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, and passionate about building quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions around a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently as needed.
- Has initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrated expertise to work in multiple technical areas or disciplines.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is administrative in nature and will present physical demands requisite to a position requiring: hearing, seeing, sitting, standing, talking, and walking. Uses computer hardware, and other basic office equipment, which may require long periods of typing on a keyboard and reading on a monitor.Must be able to multi-task under deadlines, and handle periods of high degree of stress.May encounter long periods of routine work.
Expected Hours of Work: Schedules are set to accommodate the requirements of the position and the needs of the organization and may be adjusted as needed.
Travel: Travel may be required for special department events, trade shows, or conferences.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary