Warehouse - Shipping and Receiving Supvsr
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Warehouse - Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
The shipping associate is responsible for overseeing printing, picking, labeling, palletizing, wrapping, staging, and loading orders in a timely, efficient manner. The shipping associate assists in various departments throughout the warehouse as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately pick orders verifying quantity, quality, and the description of the items being picked.
- Meet company goals and objectives in terms of proper order picking method and loading of the trucks.
- Ensure all product is picked, packed, placed and stacked appropriately to prevent damage during transit.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment (safety) at all times in the warehouse.
- Comply with all company appropriate policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Must maintain a clean and neat working environment in the warehouse at all times during hours of operations without exceptions.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet productivity goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned by your supervisor or management.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Assurance Team to ensure specific Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed.
- Employee shall adhere to all company food safety policies, procedures, and trainings.
Required, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 year of previous work experience.
- Pallet jack and forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a food-related industry preferred.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA