Supply Chain - Buyer
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Summary:Coordinates inventory replenishment activities with suppliers, sales, logistics and operations for assigned categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the entire Purchase-to-Pay process, covering:
- PO Creation
- Vendor Confirmation
- Accurate expected delivery date updates
- Collaboration with Accounts Payable to ensure payment.
- Maintain Purchasing system data to effectively generate suggested POs.
- Maintain necessary required vendor documents (electronic and physical), such as W-9’s, Indemnities, etc.
- Work closely with:
- Vendors to ensure POs are filled and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Vendors to manage FDA issues.
- Logistics to minimize freight expenses.
- Sales Managers to manage out-of-stock or over-stock risks.
- Customer Service teams to enable sales order growth.
- Buyers to build upon best-practices.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships to not only support PO fulfillment, but also negotiate volume discounts and price breaks wherever possible.
- Manage Fusion system issues that impact Purchasing and Receiving.
- Maintain BFC dating system to minimize close dated issues and Expired product impact.
- Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years buying experience with a focus on Specialty Food Products for a multi-unit Distribution Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Previous food service distribution and/or food importing experience strongly preferred.
- Commodity product awareness including blanket commitments, contractual processes, and appropriate market tracking.
- Advanced Excel Skill and additional Computer skills (JDE, Microsoft Suite – Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competencies and/or Attributes:
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and a high level of analytical capabilities within Excel
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
- Flexible with the ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally.
- Professional demeanor during all interactions with vendors, customers and fellow employees via phone or in-person.
- Have a drive to advance within the organization.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Union City, CA, USA