Warehouse - Night Order Selector
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
3. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
4. Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
5. Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
6. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department and prepare for shipping.
7. Marks materials with identifying information.
8. Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
9. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
10. Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards. Assists in billing process.
11. Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers by location.
12. Uses computer to enter records.
13. Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
14. Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
15. Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
16. Prepares parcels for mailing.
17. Maintains inventory records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cincinnati, OH, USA