Production - Warehouse Worker
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
As a Warehouse Worker, you will be responsible for providing warehouse support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet the facility’s productivity and quality goals within the establishment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2. Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
3. Sorts and breaks down product by SKU, quantity, and product type.
4. Ability to use electric pallet jack as well as stand-up forklift is a must.
5. Effectively communicate with Receivers, Drivers, Driver Check-in, & Forklift Operators
6. Adhering to proper safety practices for truck and trailer pull process on a daily basis.
7. Sorts and stores goods in designated areas of the warehouse.
8. Responsible for the proper handling of all company issued equipment, including PPE, voice equipment etc.
9. Responsible for reporting all safety concerns in the work environment on timely basis.
10. Must wear company issued uniform.
11. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or moves orders to loading dock to prepare for shipping.
12. Label pallets with identifying information when instructed.
13. Opens bales, crates, and other containers when necessary.
14. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
15. Accurately weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards. (Assists in billing process.)
16. Maintain a 99% accuracy rating of inventory records on a daily and weekly basis.
17. Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment daily.
18. Responsible for completing daily equipment inspection logs and working safe at all times.
19. Must maintain audit-ready sanitation standards in the work environment at all times in all areas of the warehouse.
20. Must securely palletize and wrap product to prevent damage during transport.
21. Must maintain product integrity with proper handling & report damage to management immediately.
22. Must follow all company policies and procedures.
23. Follow all federal, state and local HACCP, OSHA & GMP guidelines.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
Bilingual in English/Spanish a +. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs. Must be able to operate common office machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Ability to lift to 60 lbs
· Ability to manage time in a fast-paced industry
· Ability to safely use necessary tools and equipment
· Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment
· Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude and work well independently and with a team
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Job Family Union 1546 Laborers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chicago, IL, USA