Director of Operations-Protein Midwest
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
The individual for this position will be joining a rapidly growing, publicly held company. will primarily be responsible for operations in the mid-west region. This position will support all aspects of the region’s production operations and logistics functions, while providing on-going support to the sales organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Set the strategic goals and vision for operations and logistics in the Midwest Region – to include all protein production, warehousing, transportation, inventory control and fulfillment.
- Responsible for the overall Protein operation, product mix, and compliance
- Assist in development and layout of new facilities, and facility expansions.
- Manage and develop all logistics, third party vendor relationships.
- Oversee management of the Midwest operations, requiring a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- Deliver cost and productivity improvements through improved process and methodologies.
- Reduce expense through improved performance and maximized efficiencies.
- Identify and implement best practices in technology, inventory control, and logistics.
- Develop and manage the Midwest’s long-term distribution and transportation strategies.
- Work with Mid-west Management team leaders to ensure the operation is delivering exceptional customer service and meeting operational expectations.
- Report to senior management on operational and productivity metrics, resource needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop an exceptional leadership team through hiring, development, and continual training.
About The Chefs’ Warehouse:
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products for high-end chefs over 30 years ago. With locations in major metropolitan areas across the United States and Canada, The Chefs' Warehouse serves the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers, and gourmet stores in North America.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Extensive P&L knowledge with ability to drive efficiencies and controls
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Proficient in communicating with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Multi-site management preferred
- Experience managing and implementing through lean principles, and practices
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA