Finance - Staff Accountant
At The Chefs’ Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of top quality and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products.
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake... We are proud to share that we are Great Place to Work®-Certified™ and live by our values of always being curious and creative, hungry for food and for results, entrepreneurial, flexible and supportive of our peers and our clients.
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. ( WWW.CHEFSWAREHOUSE.COM ) is North America’s leading distributor of specialty, protein and broadline offerings, providing the world’s greatest ingredients to North America’s best chefs for over three decades. From the most dish-dazzling center of the plate proteins to the highly sophisticated and luxurious ingredients to integrate across any menu, The Chefs’ Warehouse provides their large base of more than 35,000 customers a world-class variety of products that are 2nd to none: supporting chefs in their pursuit of culinary excellence and making their wildest culinary visions a reality.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide accounting support for inventory reconciliation and costing. Manage, in cooperation with the operation’s group, the cycle count process ensuring appropriate coverage of the warehouse. Assist with development and maintenance of weekly production reporting and analysis. Assist with product and customer profit analysis.
- Monitor and review inventory transactions on a daily basis, identifying any irregularities. Provide monthly reconciliation of inventory sub-ledger to the general ledger inventory accounts.
- Review and update formulas for production items. Ensure supported and approved documentation is maintained to justify changes to costs. Update costs for weekly valuation of production transactions.
- Establish and plan the frequency of cycle counts by product or group of products for operation’s staff to perform that will ensure coverage of the entire warehouse, utilizing the ABC or similar methodology that is appropriate for the business. Review results of the cycle counts, quarterly and annual physical inventory, developing metrics to understand transaction activities. Assist with interpretation of results to enhance operational processes and reliability of quantities in the system.
- Record daily production usage for the Seafood production. Adjust Seafood inventory weekly for any variances from production entries, understanding causes of variances.
- Troubleshoot any potential negative inventory transactions in support of the daily invoicing process.
- Assist with development of production reporting. Provide weekly production analysis and provide causal understanding of production variances to Operations management.
- Maintain new product setup information and assist operations on product code updates.
- Assist with monthly analysis of product and customer profit analysis.
- Make recommendations for improving effectiveness of accounting policies and procedures. Assist with Sarbanes Oxley compliance and internal control in the inventory and operations area.
- Provide support for the monthly physical inventory but drive MFM towards a cycle count controlled environment over inventory.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Controller
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
A minimum of three (3) years as a staff accountant, with experience in or exposure to production, purchasing, scheduling, inventory control, production control, as well as shipping, receiving, and warehousing.
Experience working with ERP, Canopy Software
Microsoft Office Programs
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA