Distribution - Transportation Supervisor
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Plans, directs, coordinates and participates in activities of warehouse / delivery drivers for the Company including personnel scheduling, meeting customer delivery obligations and standards, and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal transportation regulations. Duties may be performed personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and supervise daily activities of warehouse/driver personnel including route assignments, vehicle assignments, customer deliveries and vendor pick-ups.
- Ensure compliance with all USDOT requirements as well as those of other regulatory bodies related to vehicle use and maintenance, safe operation of vehicles, and required medical certifications.
- Train warehouse/driver personnel to required standards and complete periodic evaluations of driver performance.
- Maintain USDOT-required driver files
- Maintain and update work and duty schedules for warehouse / driver personnel
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and meet maintenance standards and requirements
- Reports services issue to leasing company.
- Respond to and resolves customer complaints, including immediate problem-solving, coordinating response with appropriate sales personal and applying corrective action and/or discipline as required
- Train warehouse / drivers in all aspects of material handling both on and off the vehicle.
- Evaluate employee performance on an ongoing basis – including regularly scheduled road-testing -- and respond with appropriate reinforcement, coaching or correction as necessary
- Execute all aspects of accident investigation and insurance reporting in coordination with the Operations Manager, other Company officials, or representatives of insurance interests as circumstances dictate
- Monitor trip and dispatch logs and vehicle monitoring software for conformance with schedules and direct preparation and retention of dispatch and vehicle operations records and reports.
- Maintain mileage records for taxes and leasing company.
- Gain proficiency in the Company’s primary sales processing software system as well as subordinate systems
- Drive routes during peak times and as needed to carry out the operation’s delivery obligations.
- Conduct weekly meetings to inform staff of new procedures and other company-wide information. Collaborate with Operations, Product, Purchasing and Sales personnel to ensure information is accurate and comprehensive
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane, CA, USA