Physical Therapist Assistant
What We Offer:
- Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee & family Physical Therapy benefits
- Parental leave
- Continued Education Stipend-
- Continuing Education PTO (2 days annually)
- Accrue up to 15 days of PTO (sick and vacation time)-increases over time
- 6 paid holidays, 1 charitable giving day, and up to 2 personal days
- 401(k) and profit-sharing program (Up to 5% of total compensation)
- Interactive Wellness Program with rewards for balanced, healthy living
- MedBridge learning subscription
- Potential Student Loan Repayment
- Potential Annual performance bonus
Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy is seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to join our new clinic in Lakewood, WA! Therapeutic Associates, Inc. specializes in orthopedics and manual therapy and pride ourselves on our one-on-one patient care and strong relationships with referral sources.
New grads are welcome and encouraged to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Physical Therapist Assistant will work under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist to provide components of patient care including therapeutic exercise, functional training, education, soft tissue work, or modalities, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates competency in providing quality physical therapy services including implementation of the treatment plan established by the patient’s physical therapist.
- Supports and maintains PT's care plan, work an established schedule with flexibility according to daily clinic needs, and complete accurate (electronic) documentation.
- Accurately assesses patient physical and functional status, as well as cognitive, psychological, and perceptual function.
- Effectively communicates the patient’s treatment progression, changes of treatment, and recommended medical follow up when necessary to PT and other team members, as appropriate.
- Educates and counsels patients regarding issues related to treatment and goal(s), safety risks, and/or other issues within scope of practice.
- Teaches patients home exercise programs and compensatory techniques or skills consistent with PT’s care plan for managing ongoing physical or functional deficits.
- PTA will be expected to meet the demands of the clinic's schedule, work effectively with support staff as appropriate, and perform other duties as required.
- Ideal candidates will embrace their role as a team member, supporting other staff as needed and fostering the advancement of Therapeutic Associates as a learning organization.
- Must demonstrate eagerness to advance clinical skills and develop personal leadership excellence.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Degree from an institution accredited by Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Current State Physical Therapist Assistant License (or license applicant status)
- Current CPR certification
- Job Family Clinical Licensed Therapist Assistant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $28.00
- Required Education Associate Degree