The Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) is seeking a passionate and experienced professional to focus on waste reduction and recycling in Franklin County Communities. The position will work with Central Ohio communities to develop and implement recycling, composting, and other waste management programs to meet their sustainability goals. A successful applicant should have:
· Great communication skills, both written and verbal
· Experience in the waste & recycling industry, community-focused sustainability programs; or other relevant sustainability experience
· Strong project management skills
A passion for recycling, composting, or
• Research, develop, implement, and monitor programs designed to help communities achieve waste management and waste diversion best practices and goals.
• Develop and update educational and informational materials related to target audiences: program descriptions, summaries, fact sheets, and related website information.
• Host educational and informational meetings for programs as needed; perform program presentations as needed.
• Coordinate and communicate with various communities associated with the programs to ensure effective implementation.
• Develop timelines and benchmarks with goals, objectives, and tasks for completing projects and programs; identify resources, organizations, and personnel required for implementation.
• Perform research on topics related to programs; identify and communicate local and national trends and opportunities for enhancing programs.
- Job Family Innovations and Programs
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbus, OH, USA