Medical Biller and Coder- Kenosha- WI
Medical Biller and Coder
We are currently looking for a Medical Coder for our Billing
Department. Below lists the duties, responsibilities and the
qualifications needed for this position. We will train the right
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reviews patient care report thoroughly, utilizing all available documentation in order to establish medical necessity, selection of levels of service, origin/destination modifiers and the patient’s condition at time of transport.
2. Keeps an open line of communication with internal and external departments in a professional, tactful manner in order to obtain missing documentation or to clarify existing unclear documentation.
3. Refers patient care reports to the Processing Manager for any coding or documentation questions.
4. Communicates with other departments as needed for, problem resolution, clarification, etc.
5. Assigns condition codes for the reason(s) for the trip with a minimum of 95% accuracy.
6. Meets established minimum coding productivity standards.
7. Monitors work and adjusts specific daily duties appropriately to ensure that all records are coded timely and accurately.
8. Reports productivity on a daily basis to processing manager, following established guidelines.
9. Utilizes e-mail, Excel and Word documents, personal and department files/documents as needed to complete work assignments.
10. Attends department meetings and education sessions to further knowledge of medical terminology and coding guidelines, etc.as well as for clarification of specific job duties.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Preferred College Coursework towards Healthcare Billing Certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to “Multi-task” and handle fair amount of stress when busy.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Computer literate.
- Typing of at least 35 WPM.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific knowledge.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and forward appropriate complaints from employees, customers, agencies, facilities and hospitals.
- Ability to effectively present information to Management.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kenosha, WI, USA