The pay rate for a Maintenance Technician starts at $25- $35 / hour depending on experience and shift.
Perform routine maintenance and repairs as needed to keep machines and mechanical equipment operating efficiently and in a safe manner. Coordinate with Plant Management to establish maintenance schedules on various machines so as to minimize downtime on production.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage work orders, conducting necessary maintenance or repairs as needed.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures at all times and ensure all Maintenance Personnel are following Lockout/Tagout procedures at all times.
- Inspect, operate or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines, equipment or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools or power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Repair machines, equipment or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
- Maintain constant communication with Plant Management regarding any maintenance issues that may arise so that Plant Management can adjust their production schedule accordingly.
- Complete daily reports outlining maintenance or repairs conducted that day.
- Assist in the setup and teardown of machines and equipment at beginning and end of shifts.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience: Minimum three years in maintenance related field, food experience preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRES
- Possess knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Able to communicate complex information effectively to other employees.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively to diagnose mechanical issues.
- Know how to use basic computer programs like Microsoft Office.
- Able to strictly follow any and all safety procedures and policies in place.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical maintenance positions, including mostly standing/walking with little sitting required. Other physical activity like using stairs or lifting/moving items weighing less than 60lbs is required. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Little work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Most work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America