This position is for a Operations Intern with a tentative start date of January 9, 2023.
Record, document, and analyze the operation flow of all products related to the plant’s throughput. Assist Plant Manager and Operations Manager in the implementation of various projects designed to improve plant efficiency, recording results and providing helpful analysis and feedback.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily acceptably quality limit (AQL) tests of inbound raw materials.
- Collect and compile data points for specification compliance (i.e. width, length, weights, defects).
- Record and separate data by supplier, confirming (on-time in-full) compliance.
- Monitor and track specified performance metrics of production lines and provide detailed breakdowns by supplier.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Plant Management and create overall project PowerPoint for presentation to Executive Management covering project scope, details and results.
- Document equipment utilization, efficiencies and activities.
- Relay information to teammates and other employees in relevant departments.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to help measure and reduce inefficiencies.
- Participate in SugarCreek Internship Program and coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program pursing a major in Business, Operation Management, Supply Chain, or related field.
Experience: Previous work experience in a team environment preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess knowledge and passion for food industry.
- Possess proficiency with computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Able to plan, organize and manage time effectively.
- Possess basic mathematic skills, specifically in arithmetic and algebra.
- Able to write and communicate effectively.
- Quantitative skills including Excel, presentations and business writing.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with manufacturing plant office positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 30lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations may be required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, protective boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Internships and Co-Ops
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, January 9, 2023
- Brandworthy Building, 4235 Thunderbird Lane, West Chester, Ohio, United States of America
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America