Maintenance Parts Clerk
This position is for a 2nd shift Maintenance Parts Clerk.
Oversee the maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) storeroom, ensuring adequate stock levels of various maintenance and repair parts as dictated by operations and needs of the plant. Assist Plant Management with preparation for planning projects, which includes, but is not limited to, obtaining price quotes, maintaining equipment inventory and creating preventative maintenance (PM) schedules.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain stock levels for repair/maintenance parts, including descriptions, pricing, stock and location for all repair parts.
- Receive parts and assist with the offloading of delivery vehicles (i.e., FedEx, UPS, and freight trucks).
- Receive all parts ordered into the computer system and match all the paperwork against the purchase order.
- Contact vendors as needed to obtain price quotes, follow up on parts orders and set up service requests.
- Perform inventory cycle counts regularly and create reports as requested for Plant Management, analyzing parts usage and noting relevant trends in the data.
- Receive and transfer parts between facilities, making sure to track all parts entering and leaving MRO room.
- Assist in planning work projects for the Maintenance Department, including creating work orders, writing process descriptions and calling vendors to obtain price quotes.
- Order office, safety and production equipment as needed.
- Pick up specific parts and items when needed immediately to avoid downtime.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience: 5-10 years' experience in maintenance related field; experience in food manufacturing preferred.
Certification Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Able to communicate complex information effectively to other employees.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively to diagnose mechanical issues.
- Know how to use basic computer programs, especially Microsoft Office.
- Able to strictly follow any and all safety procedures and policies in place.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with maintenance management positions, including some sitting with some standing/walking required. Other physical activity like working on machines or occasionally moving items weighing less than 60lbs may be required as needed. The use of stairs/ladders is common in performing certain maintenance or retrieving certain tools or parts. Maintenance on some machines will require bending, stooping, or crawling.
Most work is performed in an indoor, maintenance store room. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Dayton, 4249 Beerman Ave., Dayton, Ohio, United States of America