This position is for a 1st shift HR Specialist.
Administer policies, programs and procedures relating to all phases of Human Resources (HR) activity. Facilitate the process of hiring new employees and ensure all appropriate paperwork and documentation is on file and accurate. Translate English to Spanish and vice versa when necessary to ensure timely and accurate communication with SugarCreek employees.
PRICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Plant HR team with recruiting, interviewing and recommending applicants for hire.
- Translate English to Spanish as needed for meetings, training sessions and daily communication with employees.
- Translate various documents and training materials from English to Spanish as needed.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations to foster positive work environment and explain company goals.
- Inform HR Manager and/or Plant Management of employee relations issues.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, programs and procedures.
- Assist Plant HR with administration of programs such as vacation, sick leave, leaves of absence and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) for all employees.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepare new employee folders and submit to HR Manager for review and signatures when completed.
- Prepare new hire orientation documentation packets, ensuring documents are completed correctly by new hires in compliance with state and federal laws and regulation.
- Assist IT Department in issuing new and replacement ID badges/proxy cards to employees and update related software when changes occur.
- Assist other department personnel with filing documents, processing of unemployment claims and completion of employment verification forms as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure policies, programs, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School or equivalent (GED)
Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience and/or training in HR, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos in English and Spanish.
- Know how to use HR Information Systems, Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Possess strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills to find solutions to various issues.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to plan, organize and manage time effectively.
- Possess basic mathematic skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical HR office positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations may be required.
Most work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Little work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Employee Relations
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Dayton, 4249 Beerman Ave., Dayton, Ohio, United States of America