Analyst, Quality Assurance
Do you have a passion for children and education? Would you like to positively impact families in need of help? We want to speak with you!
Step Up For Students empowers families to pursue and engage in the most appropriate learning options for their children.
Step Up For Students offers an excellent benefits package:
Medical - HSA/FSA - Dental - Vision
Company Paid Disability - Life Insurance
401K Match - Tuition Reimbursement
Generous Time off Policy - Professional Development
The QA Analyst will take active part in growing, developing, and implementing testing solutions to maximize testing coverage and achieves the highest level of customer satisfaction and reduce testing cycle time by implementing industry best practices and standards. This position will report to the Manager, Quality Assurance.
- Create and implement product testing strategies to ensure that enhancements meet business requirements and user expectations;
- Identify and effectively communicate quality risks and mitigation strategies so the appropriate measures can be taken;
- Detect and catalog defects with appropriate detail so they can be resolved quickly and effectively;
- Create and run manual and automated tests on our product to assure any new functionality does not negatively impact the end user experience;
- Evaluate and learn existing automation framework and provide automation solutions for building an end-to-end regression suite;
- Be proactive in identifying specific cases that should be automated and discuss them with QA engineers;
- Develop new or updated underlying components of the testing automation framework using Selenium, C#;
- Collaborate with Product Management, QA, and Software Engineering teams to develop and manual and automated test scripts;
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high Risk, High-ROI test cases and automating them;
- Take part in brainstorms to come up with new ideas and designs that improve existing features;
- Execute automated test cases for every release or on a regular basis. Evaluate the results and log defects;
- Perform root cause analysis on the defects found, identify automation gaps, and automate accordingly;
- Gather and collate automation metrics and share with the QA manager;
- Proactively engage in professional learning regarding the QA and Software Testing industry to strengthen individual contribution to the team;
- Document and communicate test results to project team and management to facilitate a decision for release;
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for other;
- Experience documenting regression testing plans and regression testing.
The above is not an all-inclusive list of all duties performed by this job title, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform other additional duties as assigned.
Minimum five years of strong working experience in QA methodology with demonstrated QA experience or equivalent combination of experience and education including college courses such as a Computer Science degree or related field. Two plus years of experience in automation testing using Selenium, Cucumber. Four years of experience in designing test scenarios, test execution, monitoring, analyzing results and reporting results. Conversant with Agile/Scrum methodology. Experience with Test Design, Test Data Management, Test Plan Management, and Test Planning.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in programming languages like C#, Python (Preferable C#)
- Experience in API Testing using tools like POSTMAN, SOAP UI
- Strong experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with GitHub, Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of methodologies such as Six Sigma or Total Quality Management
- Understanding of contemporary quality management principles and practices and the ability to apply them to a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Knowledge of functionality, compatibility, usability, reliability, exploratory testing practices
- Knowledge on deployment automation, continuous integration, build automation tools like Jenkins
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, the ability to see the root of the problem and come up with efficient, creative, and cost-effective solutions.
- Great communication skills: an ability to find a common language with all team members.
Each and every person is a valuable asset.
Every challenge is an opportunity for improvement.
To maintain a positive and effective organizational culture, employees are expected to demonstrate these values in their everyday work.
This position regularly requires the abilities of sitting, manual dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
This position is remote.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,588.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,325.00