The Area Manager will be responsible for General Manager duties for assigned hotel and will also oversee multiple other properties including direct oversight of the assigned hotels’ General Managers. The Area Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, financial performance, asset protection, sales and revenue generation, employee relations and delivering a return on investment to the hotels’ owners. BOTH HILTON AND MARRIOTT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
1.Demonstrate and promote the company’s mission and values to ensure a positive and professional environment for guests and employees
2.Maximize revenue and control costs to meet or exceed monthly flow thru expectations for assigned hotels
3.Analyze and evaluate operations of hotels to ensure adherence to company policies and brand standards
4.Create, review and interpret financial and business reports, and develop or change strategies to improve results
5.With sales, revenue management and applicable General Managers, develop and ensure adherence to effective sales and marketing strategies
6.Respond quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly
7.Communicate expectations clearly and consistently
8.Ensure management follows Human Resources policies and procedures related to hiring, coaching/developing, retaining, and terminating employees
9.Motivate and retain employees by focusing on employee development and opportunities for advancement
10.Oversee hotel preventive maintenance programs to maintain brand quality standards and hotel appearance meets expectations
11.Prepares for and satisfies all external or internal quality audits
12.Monitor monthly inventory of supplies and equipment
13.Manages vendor interactions, and processes invoices for timely processing of payments
14.Implements and manages programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
15.Conducts employee or area meetings to encourage open positive dialogue
16.Proactively act or ensure action is taken to resolve guest requests or concerns timely and professionally. Requires follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
17.Always provides a professional image
18.Ensure hotels follow all federal state and local laws
19.Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4 years of experience as a General Manager in similar hotel class required
- Both Hilton and Marriott experience required
- A very "hands-on" and collaborative leadership style
- Ability to perform most tasks in hotel, as needed
- Excellent financial knowledge
- Willing to travel regionally up to 50% of the time
- Must have reliable and insured vehicle. Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required.
Strand Core Values
All employee are expected to embody the values listed below with everyone they encounter and to support the company mission to Develop Prosperous, Lasting Relationships.
- Financial Results
- Guest Satisfaction
- Decision Making
- Employee Relations
- Office space will be in assigned hotel.
- Required Frequently:
- Vision - close, peripheral, depth, distance, ability to adjust focus
- Sitting, standing and walking
- Bending, trunk rotation, squatting and stair climbing
- Reaching above and below shoulders
- Lifting to 25 lbs.
- Mouse, keyboard, and PC
- Cellular phone and office desk phone and other office equipment
- Regional auto travel with multiple stops
- Must be able to withstand heat and cold, and frequent changes in temperature
Strand Hospitality Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Courtyard by Marriott - Pensacola West, West Nine Mile Rd, Pensacola, Florida, United States of America