Enthusiastic Wine Professional $18.55-$28.75/hour
Job Title: Enthusiastic Wine Professional II
Reports to: Manager
Directly Supervises: Merchandisers and Wine Advisors
Location: On or Off Site wine store
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full-Time Hourly, starting at $18.55/hour
Supervise, guide and motivate team members to deliver excellent customer service and the highest quality products. Provide assistance to management in hiring and training new team members, updating management on team member performance and acts as a liaison between team members and upper management. Enthusiastic Wine Professional II’s provide the customers with specialist knowledge, lead in team member wine/spirit training and responsible for all of the operations of the building/ department and business in the managers’ absence.
- Providing a high level of customer service, builds customer relationships and provides specialist product knowledge
- Hosts staff product trainings sharing your knowledge
- Responsible for category management including the recommendation of quality items
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating deadlines and goals
- Assists management with hiring process and new team member training
- Ensure displays are full and merchandised, with appropriate signage
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and yearly department inventories
- Opens and closes the store (off site wine) and responsible for completion of all checklists.
- Helps plan and execute in store events
- Ensures the responsible sale and sampling of alcoholic beverages
- Other projects, as needed
Education and Experience (include knowledge, skills and abilities):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least three year experience with product knowledge, CSW/WSET/Sommelier or equivalent qualifications a plus
- Great customer service skills, problem solving, handles complaints
- Good computer skills and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, the HRIS
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to delegate tasks and communicate directions clearly
- The ability to multi-task
- Lead by example
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- The ability to problem solver
- Firm, but fair
- Willing and eager to grow, with sights set on management
- The position requires frequent walking, standing, lifting, reaching, pushing and pulling with a approximately 50lbs.
Why you’ll love working here!
Family Oriented: We respect the personal balance between work and family with career opportunity and growth- over 80% of our managers have been promoted from within.
Benefits: High value, high quality Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401 K plan for FT & PT team members, family & personal time, life insurance, and more!
Environment: Have you seen the Avocado Girls? Chiquita Banana? Or the singing Parrot?
Covid-19: Staying safe and clean, we are taking all precautions in the store to keep our team members and customers safe. (Providing daily masks and gloves to all team members, plexi glass at service counters, weekly communications, and much more!)
Pay Day: We’re thrilled to offer our employees Dayforce Wallet – a new way to get paid. Say bye-bye to pay day and hello to pay your way. Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you – It’s your money, why should you have to wait? Request your pay as you earn it.
We take pride in the power of diversity, inclusion, and being socially responsible to the communities which we live and do business
Apply today and start as soon as 1 week!
For more information on working at Stew Leonard’s click on the link below!
- Job Family Wine
- Job Function Full Time
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- 2 Nabby Rd, Danbury, CT 06811, USA