After School Recreational Support Staff - Lead
$250 Sign on Bonus - $125 at hire and $125 after 6 months. (For External Applicants Only)
We strive to create an inclusive environment in which all are seen, heard, and supported; encouraged to bring their whole authentic selves; and honored in their differences.
The Therapeutic Recreation Lead Support Staff is responsible for providing services to participants with intellectual/developmental disabilities in a variety of therapeutic recreational activities in a group setting within the community. This position is responsible for providing leadership to the therapeutic recreation programs, support staff and participants both on and off site. Lead Staff will provide a safe, structured environment to build friendships, encourage physical and social activity, become involved members of the community and embrace health and wellness.
Opportunities for YOU:
- Experience working with a variety of people and developmental disabilities
- Coaching, mentoring, and reflective supervision with TR Coordinators
- Grow your leadership skills in a supportive, team environment.
- Flexibility to work around college course schedules!
- Opportunity to transition seasonally into our 11-week summer program
- Experience recreation in your own community!
Adventure After School:
Program participants are ages 11 – 22 with developmental disabilities. Activities include life skills, social skills, cooking projects, arts, physical activities, sensory, and science projects! Occasionally we go out to the library, park, bowling, and more!
Program participants are ages 23 and up with developmental disabilities. Activities include life skills, volunteering, social skills, and leisure education! Occasionally the group goes out on field trips to llama farms, library, humane society, and more!
Other opportunities upon hire include working in our Release Day or Weekend programs going out into the community on recreational field trips (Severs Corn Maze, Stages Theater, Nickelodeon Universe, Urban Air Trampoline Park, Swimming, and more!).
Lead Staff are responsible for up to 3 clients at a time. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the TR program; ensure that planned itinerary and activities are carried out.
- Model professionalism; providing leadership, guidance, support, and oversight to the Recreation Therapy Support Staff.
- Provide for the care and monitor the safety of the participant(s), assuring that their rights as an individual are maintained.
- Integrate the participant(s) into group social settings and assist with community involvement by participating in all activities with the participants.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain composure and handle high stress situations.
- Encourage and motivate participation in group setting(s) and/or in the community, promoting developmentally appropriate activities, promoting positive behavior(s) and encouraging peer interactions among program participant(s).
- Ensuring participant(s) safety in the community as well as active communication and emotional regulation
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Hiring for 2 current locations:
Venture Forward: 13231 Minnetonka Dr., Minnetonka, MN 55305
Monday through Friday: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Seasonal position (September – May)
Pay: $17.88 - $20.40 D.O.Q.
You might be an ideal candidate if you meet the following qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record Applicants must have the ability to use clear and understandable written and verbal English
- A high school diploma or GED/equivalent
- Must be able to monitor the safety and well-being of the participant(s)
- Ability to learn and perform procedures for the care of an individual with intellectual/development disabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously at a community site without direct access to a supervisor.
- Preference may be given to individuals with training and/or credits in high school/college level therapeutic recreation, recreation and leisure studies, social sciences, education, health care and/or human services.
- No experience with people with disabilities is required; however, a desire to work with people and a willingness to learn is essential. Experience with individuals with disabilities highly desired. One year of supervisory experience preferred.
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, veteran status or disability.
All new employees will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (not to include booster doses at this time) or have an approved exemption before their start date.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Maple Grove, MN, USA
- Minnetonka, MN, USA
- New Hope, MN, USA
- Osseo, MN 55369, USA