On Call Occupational Therapist
We strive to create an inclusive environment in which all are seen, heard, and supported; encouraged to bring their whole authentic selves; and honored in their differences.
St. David’s Center is seeking Pediatric Occupational Therapists to provide on-call/casual services in our Outpatient Pediatric Clinic and Autism Day Treatment programs. Our Services are provided to a varied caseload and can include children with sensory processing and modulation difficulties, motor coordination disorders, autism spectrum disorders, attention and learning difficulties, regulation and behavioral challenges and feeding difficulties.
St. David’s Center is hiring occupational therapists for an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team of professionals in a highly regarded pediatric therapy clinic. We offer a supportive environment, mentoring, and opportunities for professional growth.
On-call therapists are responsible for providing skilled implementation of individual treatment plans for established clients when primary treating therapist is absent, including documentation and billing.
Evaluations and related documentation may also be requested on an as needed basis.
The therapist will coordinate services as needed with related professionals, caregivers, and parents as appropriate to follow up on recommendations of primary treating therapist within established plan of care. Services will occur in an environment requiring a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
***Hours Available at all or select sites, based on candidate's preference.
Pay: $35.37/hr - $39.30hr
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Clinical Doctorate Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current NBCOT registration and MN state OT licensure as required by MN DHS and professional /agency standards
- 2+ years of experience as a pediatric occupational therapist including training and experience with sensory processing disorders, working as part of a multidisciplinary team, and working with young children with autism.
- Overall solid understanding of child/family development, pediatric disorders, treatment modalities and/or availability and creativity to access information/resources when needed
- Experience and knowledge of frequently used evaluation tools, assessment, treatment planning and goal writing within pediatric occupational therapy
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity, respect for individual differences, family-centered care and ability to establish rapport with variety of clients and families.
- Strong communication skills (clients, families, other staff members)
- Basic understanding of various payer sources, documentation requirements and prior authorization procedures
- Word processing skills Organizational and time management skills
- Independent work skills and sound judgement Physical capacity for work requirements
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
All new employees will be required to provide proof of
being fully vaccinated (not to include booster doses at this time) or have an
approved exemption before their start date.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopkins, MN, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Minnetonka, MN, USA