Speech-Language Pathologist On-Call
We strive to create an inclusive environment in which all are seen, heard, and supported; encouraged to bring their whole authentic selves; and honored in their differences.
Program Overview: The Speech Language Pathology team supports the Pediatric Therapy St. David’s Center. Services are provided to a varied caseload and can include children with sensory processing and modulation difficulties, motor coordination disorders, autism spectrum disorders, attention and learning difficulties, regulation and behavioral challenges and feeding difficulties.
Position Summary: St. David’s Center is hiring a Speech-Language Pathologist in an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team of professionals in a highly regarded pediatric therapy clinic. We offer a supportive environment, mentoring, and opportunities for professional growth.
- Providing skilled and medically necessary speech/language therapy to children with a variety of needs which may include speech, language, communication, feeding or swallowing disorders
- Collaborating with family, caregivers, and other service providers to maximize each child’s potential for positive outcomes
- Leading evaluation, treatment plan, intervention, parent education/home programming, documentation, and billing for a varied pediatric caseload
- Coverage may occur with clients in Pediatric Therapy and/or outpatient clinic.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: On call, hours will vary Pay: $34-$38/hour
***Hours Available at all or select sites, based on candidate's preference.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- ASHA’s Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Current State of Minnesota Department of Health Speech-Language Pathologist License (or in process of applying for state license)
- Knowledge of all pediatric speech-language deficits or availability and creativity to access resources when needed to understand pediatric disorder
- An understanding of the various payer sources with their specific documentation requirements and prior authorization procedures
- Ability to apply knowledge in speech-language pathology or availability and creativity to access resources when needed to clinically apply understanding of pediatric disorder
- Ability to maintain child/parent confidentiality
- Ability to consistently work as a team member demonstrating a positive and professional attitude including times of conflict resolution
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time efficiently
- Basic Word processing skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to empathize with parental concerns
All new employees will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (not to include booster doses at this time) or have an approved exemption before their start date.
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.Keywords: Speech Language Pathologist; Autism Day Treatment; ASHA; MHSA; pediatrics; therapy clinic; Speech-Language Pathology; sensory processing and modulation difficulties; motor coordination disorders; autism spectrum disorders; attention and learning difficulties; regulation and behavioral challenges; feeding difficulties
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopkins, MN, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Minnetonka, MN, USA