Direct Support Professional- Family Referrals Only
At this time, we are only accepting applications from individuals who have been referred to work with a specific St. David's Center client.
If you’re looking for a position where you can foster the development of life skills for individuals with special needs in both the home and in the community, consider joining St. David’s Center in our mission to build relationships that nurture the development of every child and family!
Position Overview: Direct Support Professionals in Waivered Services are responsible for providing services to clients with developmental, physical or mental health disabilities at the client’s home or in the community at the direction of the parent or primary caregiver.
Work with clients could include, but is not limited to:
- Personal cares, including helping clients brush their teeth, toileting and/or bathing
- Helping with independent living skills, such as teaching clients how to cook meals
- Behavior direction and intervention such as affirming good behavior
- Taking clients to activities and events in the community to work on communication and social skills
This position offers experience working in the human services field with a variety of special needs diagnoses, the opportunity to build lasting, rewarding relationships and the chance to cultivate a higher level of independence for individuals with disabilities.
Direct Support Professionals may have one or several clients depending on staff’s skills, availability, and proximity to clients with staffing needs.
Schedule: Schedules are determined by the family, the needs of each individual client, and the county or state funding sources. Hours may vary throughout the year depending on family needs.
Pay: $14.00 per hour.
You might be an ideal candidate if you meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 16 years of age. Any applicant under 18 must be referred to work with a specific client.
- Some clients require staff to drive as part of their shift, and some do not. In cases where driving is required, a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record are required. This will be discussed further as part of the recruitment process.
- Applicants must have the ability to use clear and understandable written and verbal English
- Ability to communicate effectively, both through written and verbal communication
- Candidates should be willing to learn procedures for caring for young adults/children with behavior/medical needs and be able to monitor the safety and well-being of clients
You might be extra awesome if you have:
- Training/education in social sciences, health care, human services, and/or education
- Experience with caring for clients with behavior/medical needs
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Waivered Services; Personal Support; In-home Support; Hourly Respite; CADI; CAC; BI; DD; personal cares; independent living skills; behavior direction; human services; social services; healthcare; education
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part - Time
- Twin Cities, MN, USA