Customer Service Coordinator
SAVAGE IS HIRING!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Customer Service Representatives come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Opportunity for growth
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”) & Paid holidays
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401(k) with match
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Here is what you will be doing
- Manage customer orders and inventory systems.
- Answer phones and assisting with customer needs
- Accountable for all office functions by maintaining control of ability to meet customer expectations
- Monitor Emails throughout day for order status changes/additions, other customer needs
- Enter customer orders and railcar shipments in Savage systems inventory and have verified prior to railcar/truck arrivals by another employee
- Faxing/emailing of Bill of Ladings to customers and designated parties (as required)
- Prepare documentation for truck arrivals and departures (Bill of Lading, Truck Arrival Checklist).
- Contact carriers to schedule pick up times
- Inform customers of impacts to deliveries
- Prepare load schedule for next day's loads
- Insure all railcars’ Inbound and Outbound inspections are completed before filing
- Provide Safety Briefing to new drivers, vendors and visitors
- Follow company/customer policies and procedures (i.e. internal controls, record retention, verifications, etc.)
Requirements of a successful Customer Service Representative
- Knowledge of Fundamentals of Customer Service
- Ability to “think ahead” and anticipate needs of Customers and Team Members
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research, and general administration
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Dependable and shows up for scheduled work shifts
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Coordinator will work on-site
- Must be able to sit for long periods
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Ohio, USA