Material Handling Operations Supervisor
Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do and offers opportunities for growth? Our Material Handling Supervisors come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful Lead Material Handling candidate will supervise work throughout the coke handling areas of the coke pit, conveyors, and terminal operations. Their primary responsibilities include leading Team Members, perform daily rounds, monitoring operational performance, conducting audits, coordinating Vessel movements, communicating with the customer and other contractors, attending meetings, maintaining documentation, enforcing safety rules and regulations and assisting the Operation Manager/ Ops Supervisor with daily operations of the facility.
These are a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Here is what you will be doing
- Supervise the shift crew and ensure all Team Members follow safety rules and operating procedures. The shift schedule is 12 hours,
- Ensure the safe and proper operation of the, heavy equipment in the coke pile, conveyors, dock operations and associated maintenance.
- Maintain professional and timely communication between Savage, and other contractors to maintain stable process operations.
- Lead shift crew meetings, plan work, manage work schedules and Team Member training assignments.
- Assign shift crew Team Members to assist Maintenance with jobs when additional manpower is needed.
- Complete and/or authorize documentation as required including JHA's, permits, shift reports, safety meetings, audit sheets and equipment inspections.
- Assist in Team Members training.
- Assist the Operation Manager with facility issues, Team Member coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain company objectives and expectations in the absence of the site manager/Ops Supervisor
Requirements of a successful Lead Material Handling Supervisor
- Experience in petrochemical plants or refineries
- Experience in structured safety processes, JHAs, JSAs and safe work permits. SHAPS
- Operations and maintenance experience in bulk material handling systems, marine terminals, and heavy mechanical equipment
- Experience servicing industrial customers and maintaining professional relationships
- Proven ability to focus on details, follow work rules, and adhere to work schedules
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
- Experience with Process Safety Management, OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- High School Diploma required
- TWIC card
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Efficient with standard office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage confidential issues
- Must be able to set expectations and hold Team Members accountable
- Ability to work outside, when needed, in ALL weather conditions (snow, rain, sub-freezing temps)
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop kneel and climb on elevated surfaces
- Should also have the ability to use basic hand tools
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- St Charles, LA 70394, USA