SAVAGE IS COMING TO LIMA, OH! Join our team today for an exciting new adventure in Industrial Rail!
Click here to learn more about savage or visit our website www.savageservices.com
The successful Rail Car Loader candidate can be either a current rail facility operator or someone with a willingness to learn new skills and abide by the extensive training and direction Savage will provide. The Rail Car Loaders will switch and load rail cars safely and timely within our customer's industrial facility in Lima, OH while delivering “worry-free consistency” to our Customer by safely and efficiently loading railcars with a variety of chemicals and products. The loading operator will be working in the loading area operating in a large-scale yard supporting a petrochemical plant with both time deadlines and environmental compliance expectations.
These are some of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- $150 annual Steel-toe boot allowance
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Shift: 4-on-4-off dayshift only
Here is what you will be doing:
- Responsible for the daily required volume of railcar loading, with safe associated railcar movement in the loading area at the operation
- Understand and follow Savage rail operating procedures and policies based on extensive classroom and field training
- Operate when needed a locomotive – Savage will provide training and certification
- Operate on the ground as a switchman- Savage will provide training and certification
- Work in all areas of the loading racks performing several tasks:
- Operating loading equipment
- Recording loading activities in a Customer computer system
- Thoroughly inspecting railcars before they are loaded for quality control purposes
- Taking accurate samples of product from each car, labeling and organizing with provided materials
- Performing pre-shift maintenance walk-downs of the entire loading system
Requirements of a successful Rail Car Loader:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Works safely at all times
- Ability to attend and pass all training associated with job-related coursework. This includes but is not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA-related courses
- An understanding and willingness to act on communication and direction – the time windows that loads will need to be executed in to meet the needs of the facility will require close teamwork with the terminal master and washing/loading supervisor
- Experience in the rail industry is preferred but not required if willing to adhere to Savage rail training and best practices
- Ability to work rotating shifts on a 24-hour schedule that will include holidays and weekends
- Can read, write, and understand English
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Railcar loaders will work both indoors and outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements. Over half the time work will be in a covered area.
- Railcar loader must be physically able to do the following:
- Climb on and off railcars and locomotives safely
- Climb stairs at least 10-20 times in a given shift
- Operate railcar hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Should also have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule and overtime when needed
The complete job description is available upon request
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lima, OH, USA