Equipment Operator - Part Time
Savage Canac Corporation is hiring a Material Handling - Laborer this is an entry-level position with opportunities for future growth. Primary responsibilities include general labor duties, but not limited to clean-up of equipment, work areas and grounds. Perform general maintenance on equipment, operate the coal handling systems.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Retirement
- Opportunities for growth
Here is what you will be doing
- Must be willing to learn:
- and eventually, be able to operate a conveyor system to transport dry bulk products
- how to operate heavy equipment (loaders skid steer and excavators)
- Must be willing to learn and eventually be able to unload trains
- Occasionally lift/push/pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Routinely climb stairs and ladders and work at various heights
- Wear a respirator and all required personal protective equipment (job dependent)
- Participate in all daily/monthly safety and communications meetings
- Shovel, sweep, and wash with hoses as directed
What we need from you
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures and understand a worker’s right to stop work when potential safety hazards threaten oneself or others or damage to company assets
- Ability to work rotating 10 and/or 12-hour shifts and overtime as directed, routinely reporting for shifts and adhering to work schedules
- Ability to change the schedule as needed for operational needs
- Must be willing and motivated to learn additional skill sets as directed
- High school diploma or GED
What we need from you
- This position works primarily in an outdoor environment with minimal to high concentrations of coal dust
- Must be able to work in extreme weather such as; wind, heat, and cold
- Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position
- Work at heights as well as climbing stairs and ladders
- Lifting or moving objects over 50 pounds must be accomplished by either using extra manpower or machine-assisted lifting techniques
- Required to wear proper personal protective equipment as the environment and the position dictates
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Point Tupper, NS B0E, Canada