Local Driver CDL A Hazmat - Williston, ND
Do you like sleeping at home in your own bed? Imagine having the time to spend with family and friends. The majority of our Drivers have local routes where they are home every day! We offer competitive pay, bonuses and excellent benefits. Combine these benefits with a convenient schedule and you have the recipe for a rewarding, long-term career with Savage.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Retention Bonus $7500
- Housing Bonus $1,500 biannually
- Local work, home every day or night
- Day Shift (5am-5pm) or Night Shift (5pm-5am) - Your choice!!
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 4 year’s old
- $75 annual steel toe boot allowance
- Uniforms provided with laundry service
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
The successful candidate will safely load, transport and deliver liquid and bulk products and flat beds hauling pipe in and around the Bakken Oilfield in North Dakota and Montana. The products handled may vary from water, crude, pipe, FR, and possibly others.
Here is what you will be doing
- Conduct a comprehensive pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections, and take appropriate action on encountered problems
- Utilize any on-board computer terminals to accurately record locations visited and products handled and ensure any additional paperwork is complete, neat and legible
- Report incidents (operational and/or safety related), as instructed, in a timely manner
- Contain and report any spill according to the established Occurrence Reporting procedures
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Class A CDL with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements preferred, doubles endorsement preferred
- 1+ year of CDL Experience, preferable in an oilfield environment
- A commitment to work without an occurrence; no spills, no injuries and no property damage
- Can successfully pass Savage’s road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Comfortable working in an oilfield environment, including: climbing ladders and stairs to the top of tanks, and working around flammable gases and other toxic fumes
- Must be willing to work days/nights/holidays
- High School Diploma/GED
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including very harsh winters and hot summers
- Climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis' including chaining up a truck on a frequent basis in the winter
- Lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $29.00
- North Dakota, USA
- Trenton, ND 58801, USA
- Williston, ND 58801, USA