Diesel Mechanic - Williston, ND
Are you good with tools and have a passion for preventive maintenance? If so, Savage is looking for you! Savage Services, a supply chain and logistics company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic at our Williston, ND terminal.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing potential
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
The mechanic will primarily work with their team on preventive maintenance and repair of a variety of tractors, trailers, and other equipment in the Williston, ND area.
Requirements of a successful Mechanic:
- Perform heavy and minor repairs on all trucks and tanker & Flatbed trailers
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Utilize computer based diagnostic systems, skills, knowledge and experience to determine what repairs need to be done and whether it's a warranty issue
- Implement a thorough preventative maintenance program for a fleet of tractors and sulfur trailers including: fueling, greasing, changing oil and other fluids and inspecting trucks for needed repairs
- Accurately record work performed in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Diesel Mechanic experience
- Experience with Manager Plus maintenance system is preferred
- Experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Experience with crude trailers a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.)
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer-based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus repairs by computer-based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.00
- Trenton, ND 58801, USA
- Williston, ND 58801, USA