Team Leader HV Zone 2 Nights
You will be responsible for leading your team with Safety, 5S, quality, delivery to take time, and controlling cost in your department. This position requires you to train, direct, and hold accountability to the policies and processes of the organization through consistent, fair, and equal leadership practices.
- Must be full-time and must have at least 1-year experience in commercial vehicle assembly (Walk-ins, Truck Bodies/PDVs).
- Must be flexible with work hours/assignments and have a good knowledge of the manufacturing build process.
- You will be required to be able to train your team to read installation and assembly prints, troubleshoot production issues, safety and 5S processes and regulations.
- You must be proficient with computers (knowledge of applicable portions of Aurora a plus).
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to motivate co-workers, have a positive attitude, be highly organized and have a strong desire to be proactive in dealing with product and people issues.
- Understand and lead safety requirements - respond to/correct unsafe practices immediately, perform regular audits of your area to ensure compliance to our safety requirements and practices.
- In the event of an injury, promptly investigate and document as required. Promptly address corrective measures to prevent further injuries.
- Understand environmental requirements as applicable and maintain compliance.
- Train and hold accountability to the 5S process and expectation of your area. Due regular audits to ensure the practices and processes are followed driving continuous improvement.
- Understand & communicate Quality Assurance standards. Drive training and accountability with your team for following our policies and procedures for a quality product.
- Ensure quality expectations are consistently achieved - issues are properly addressed and contained within the department.
- Identify and coordinate all required and necessary training.
- Be able to facilitate daily start-of-shift & other group meetings effectively and efficiently,
- holding accountability to the actions driven.
- Consistently display behaviors that support the Company Values with a sense of urgency to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- You must able to promptly address technical and behavioral performance issues.
- You must be able to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the work area.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
HS Diploma or GED Required
- Operate a vehicle: Frequently See: Frequently
- Operate heavy equipment: Frequently Hear: Frequently
- Operate small equipment: Frequently Talk Frequently
- Handle power tools: Frequently Write: Frequently
- Operate production machinery: Frequently Isolated with minimal
- support: Occasionally
- Operate office equipment: Frequently Work in all weather conditions: Frequently
- Eye/hand coordination: Frequently Requires extended hour Frequently
- Physical movement (pushing, pulling, bending, lifting, standing):
- Frequently Inside work area: Frequently
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, May 24, 2021
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA