Technical Project Manager
SONIFI® Solutions, the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Technical Project Manager with healthcare experience to our team. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the internal relationship between the Sustaining Engineering team within the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and the SONIFI business verticals of Hospitality and Healthcare. As the Technical Project Manager your primary focus and daily activity is centered around defining, scheduling, and securing the necessary technical resources (Sustaining Engineers) for internal projects and customer engagements that directly influence the proper functioning of SONIFI solutions at 1,000’s of sites around the world. In coordination with the Resource Manager, the Technical Project Manager assures the availability and ability of an assigned SE to complete the necessary work items and produce a positive outcome for the customer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the overall “intake” of project work and customer engagements requests for the Sustaining Engineering team. Submitting parties from either the Hospitality or Healthcare segment include Sales, Operations, Implementations, Field Service, Product and Engineering.
- Communicate and coordinate the date/time details of scheduled work to all relevant parties, including, but not limited to SE’s, Project Managers, Product Managers, Field Service Managers, and customer contacts directly involved with or impacted by the work being done. Provide updates in real-time to the same audience as work progresses, pauses, completes, or encounters unforeseen issues that put the overall effort at risk.
- Perform extensive scoping of proposed work and scheduled engagements to ensure all required tasks are defined/documented and any pre-requisite work either internally or externally is correctly identified and completed in advance of the work by the SE begins.
- Help define the necessary technical skills and product experience required by the SEs to complete the specified project work and successfully support the customer engagements.
- Utilize Salesforce and other required tracking mechanisms to define, plan, and schedule work assignments as well as log technical issues that surface while the work is being done.
- Serve as Incident Manager for all issues escalated to the TAC for expedited address. Provide as needed to both internal and external contacts, summary details on the technical issue, current triaging efforts, proposed corrective actions (next steps and owners) and expected timeframe for resolution. Where required or requested, own the creation, completion, and presentation of resulting RCA/ICA’s.
- Conduct quarterly assessments of each project or engagement (both open and closed) to highlight specific challenges expected or encountered, and to review any RCAs with open Corrective Actions still pending.
- Work closely with the Resource Manager in revising capacity plans on a quarterly basis that reflect on new and expected changes to the demand side for SE resources.
- Serve as primary liaison between the TAC and both the Product and Sales teams.
Perform other projects, tasks and duties as assigned by the Directors of TAC.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in either an engineering or business-related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a technical project manager, support manager, consulting manager (or similar functional role within another position of different title) where the coordination of assigning technical resources to a technical work item or support issue was a primary responsibility.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a large customer service center or technical support organization preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in being involved in the ownership and handling of technical escalations where mission critical production environments have degraded or failed, and a collaborative group response was required to successfully triage the issue, identify the key contributors to the problem (root cause), formulate a workable plan and provide a timely response to correct the situation.
- Must have effective and professional verbal, written and presentation skills and be an effective communicator. Comfortable presenting new proposals and business results to senior leadership.
- Proficient in standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook). Experience with knowledge management platforms, content publishing tools as well as Salesforce a plus.
- Expected workday schedule is Monday-Friday, however required work activity and availability will at times and on recurring occasion extend into evening and weekend hours.
- Strong project management and organizational skills are required. PMP certification or related is a plus.
- Applicable certifications also a plus (CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA or RUCKUS RCNA, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Project+, )
SONIFI’s team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and healthcare integrations, along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
We are seeking candidates in the Sioux Falls, SD area.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sioux Falls, SD, USA