Equipment Maintenance Technician
Joining our US investor-owned team means contributing to commercialization of some of the most exciting technologies the world has ever seen including superconducting, 3D integrated circuits or computer chips, carbon nanotubes, photonic logic devices, Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems and other emerging device topologies. We manufacture products for aerospace and defense, medical, automotive, consumer and industrial markets, to name a few. Our customers include emerging leaders who rely on our Trusted intellectual property security and quality manufacturing services.
SkyWater’s Values of Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Empowerment and Growth Mindset guide us to cultivate a learning environment and invest in developing the knowledge of highly skilled, dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be a part of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Sign-On Bonus: All new hires will receive up to $7,500 sign-on bonus (amount dependent on experience).
Our Equipment Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing preventative maintenance, electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and installation of various semiconductor fabrication machines.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating and repair manuals.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to identify root cause problems and put corrective actions in place.
- Perform preventive and unscheduled maintenance duties on production equipment.
- Complete and maintain required documentation for quality standards.
- Rebuild equipment and sub-assemblies as required.
- Perform equipment modifications as directed by engineers.
- Participate in Maintenance or cross-functional teams such as 5S+ and CIP.
- Take ownership of small projects and equipment assembly tasks
- Work with outside vendors as required
- Process chemical and gas handling
- Maintains critical spares and consumables inventory.
- The job also requires performing other duties as assigned.
We have openings on all shifts:
A shift: Sun-Tues (every other Wed) 6am- 6:15pm
B shift: Sun-Tues (every other Wed) 6pm- 6:15am
C shift: Thurs-Sat (every other Wed) 6am- 6:15pm
D shift: Thurs-Sat (every other Wed) 6pm- 6:15am
2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / work experience.
Experience and/or Training:
- Demonstrated expertise in performing electro\mechanical\fluidic circuit troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance, and equipment modification.
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to define, initiate, manage, and execute on projects to improve tool function and metrics.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, prioritize tasks, and plan for maintenance is essential.
- Use hand tools including wrenches, calipers, voltage/current meters, oscilloscopes and other various equipment technology specific tooling.
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal.
- Semiconductor industry experience preferred.
Technology/Equipment: Competent with Windows OS interfaces, MS office suite.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts
- Ability to work with and around chemicals
- Wear complete fab attire for an entire shift and meet all safety and cleanroom requirements
U.S. Person Required: SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bloomington, MN, USA