HVAC Technician - Accommodations
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Pay Range: $20/Hr - $26/Hr*
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Accommodations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
*Dependent upon experience
Peak’s HVAC Service Technician is responsible for providing preventative care and repairs for HVAC systems. They repair and maintain refrigerator and electrical systems and their components, as well as troubleshoot electrical systems and write schematics for their work locations.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools.
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues.
- Repair damaged HVAC systems.
- Respond to all service calls.
- Communicate and work in a professional manner with co-workers and rig site personnel at all times.
- Prepare and/or participate in job safety meetings prior to start of an assigned task or project.
- Maintains personal truck logs and vehicle inspection reports.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance to assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Work close with team members in structured work crews.
- Ensures compliance with all company and regulatory health, safety and environmental requirements including but not limited to: completing daily job safety analysis, pre/post trip inspections, near miss and hazard reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 3-5 years apprenticeship under a journeyperson preferred.
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required.
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school required.
- Must hold state HVAC technician license.
- Previous on the job training a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand.
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver.
- Customer service oriented.
- Goal oriented and driven to accomplish results.
- Ability and desire to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Is always conscience of operating in, and contributing to a safe work environment.
- General labor or construction background a plus.
- Willingness to be on call weekends, holidays, nights and overtime as needed.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Peak is an equal opportunity employer. It is Peak’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
- Pay Type Hourly
- Canonsburg, PA, USA