Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Fluid Transportation
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Hamm & Phillips’ Swamper positions work with the Hydrovac operator to ensure assigned duties are carried out. Operate pressure washer and jet hose’s to clean frac tanks. Shovel solids, inside tanks, open top pits, cellars and other job duties assigned. Responsible for rigging equipment up and down with crew.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Adheres to safe work policies and procedures during work shift.
- Performs work involving lifting, pushing, pulling, securing loads with straps and/or chains as necessary.
- Assists truck driver with any tasks on or outside of the truck.
- Maintains proper housekeeping in the truck; wash tractor trailer unit in accordance with established procedures and safety guidelines.
- Completes required work plans, job safety analysis, observations, and attend safety meetings as required.
- Works using hand tools or power tools.
- Assists with cleaning frac tanks.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to understand and follow instructions from truck driver or other company personnel.
- Willingness and ability to work in all types of weather and conditions.
- Must be physically capable of carrying out duties safely and with no difficulty.
- Must be able to work variable schedules/shifts and long hours.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of oilfield well servicing preferred.
- Knowledge of/or experience in mechanical maintenance and repair of diesel trucks preferred.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hamm & Phillips is an equal opportunity employer. It is Hamm & Phillips’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
Hamm & Phillips requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chickasha, OK, USA