Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Fluid Transportation
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: No
Power Fuels’ Welder welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, mobile homes, motors, and generators by performing the following duties.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- General welding tasks with no supervision.
- Inspect, measure, or test complete metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Set up, operate, or ten welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts, calculating production measurements.
- Assisting other fabricators as needed and completing special projects for the Shop Manager upon request.
- Wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) related to task being performed as well as using all required safety equipment and procedures.
- Fabrication of projects with little to no supervision from Level 3 or Shop Manager.
- Maintaining a neat and professional appearance of self and shop areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to complete fabrication tasks.
- Previous experience in oil/gas or trucking industry is preferred.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Must be able to read English.
- Good knowledge and proficiency of TIG welding.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency of MIG welding.
- General knowledge of Flux Core, Aluminum Wire, and Stick Welding.
- General knowledge and proficiency of fabrication.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Power Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. It is Power Fuels’ policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
Power Fuels requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Watford City, ND 58854, USA