Hydro Vac Operator
HYDRO VAC OPERATOR
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Fluid Transportation
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Badland's Hydro Vac Operator drives and operates the Super Vacuum Truck picking up, hauling and unloading various oil field related fluids including fresh water, brine (salt) water, frac fluids, drilling mud and other well servicing drilling and production fluids to and from various sites and sources. All duties of the Hydro Vac Operator are to be performed to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to ensure the most efficient operation possible.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Drives the Super Vacuum Truck to the customer’s location(s) to pick up fluids used in well servicing operations.
- Pulls hose(s) from the hose tray and connects one end to the truck and puts the other end into the pit or connects to a tank to extract fluid.
- Monitors the amount of fluid extracted and the amount of fluid the vacuum truck is lawfully allowed to haul and other situations presented by the site or the customer.
- Drives the truck to and from the loading site or customer’s locations disposal site(s) or back to the yard location.
- Maintains accurate work tickets based on the requirements and the work performed for the customer(s).
- Maintains accurate driving log books, performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and ensures accuracy of the maintenance on the vehicle.
- Alerts supervisor when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerts supervisor when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
- Uses hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Minimum 1 year experience of truck driving experience, preferably driving Vacuum Trucks or trucks.
- Must have a valid CDL A, driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type of vehicle operated issued by state of residence.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, and successfully complete all other pre-employment requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that the individual is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection.
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Badlands Power Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. It is Badland’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act
Badland requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Stanley, ND 58784, USA