Senior Client Partner
Senior Client Partner - Second City Works
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company entertains over one million theatergoers annually. The Second City Training Centre, which includes the Second City Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago and Toronto.
Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on providing organizations hands-on and virtual learning and development, corporate entertainment, and an on-demand library of over 300 comedic workforce education videos, focusing on topics such as talent management, diversity & inclusion anti-harassment and ethics & compliance.
About the team
Second City Works is the professional services arm of The Second City. When businesses engage Second City Works, they develop unique insights and skills to better collaborate and create with their colleagues and customers. Engagements with our clients can take a variety of forms: workshops, keynotes, customized video, corporate entertainment, and more. We are adding to our sales team to expand our impact and match market demand for our solutions.
About the role
Senior Client Partners for Second City Works enable Fortune 500 companies to better engage customers and employees by connecting the expertise and talent of The Second City to the expertise and talent of each business. Those who match well to this role excel at uncovering opportunities through account research, articulating conceptual ideas, recognizing patterns, and collaborating internally. Like The Second City itself, our success with Second City Works is built on exploration, collaboration and saying “Yes, And” to opportunity. The opportunity for our Senior Client Partners is to make businesses' most important people initiatives stick by leveraging the singular principles, techniques and talent of The Second City.
This role will be based at Second City’s brand-new theatre and offices at 1 York St. in the heart of the city .
- Identify, engage with and close Fortune 500 clients, uncovering opportunities where Second City Works could be a strategic long-term partner
- Tell the story of Second City Works: who we are, our capabilities, and how we are uniquely equipped to improve engagement and connection with any business’s employees or customers
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle across a variety of sales scenarios (new prospects, re-activations, growth within existing accounts)
- Partner with Client Services and Creative Talent to customize client programs and solutions, ensuring that we deliver on our promises
- 7+ years of consistent sales success, with the majority of annual quota ($1M+) coming from new business
- Experience selling products or services to Fortune 500 leaders, navigating multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Successful experience selling within the talent/HR/learning category as a trusted advisor to senior human capital/talent management leaders
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian business landscape, including an understanding of selling to the VP, SVP and C-Suite in various industries. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years selling in the Canadian market with an established focus on the FP500.
- Proven reliability to self-manage schedule, targets and timelines
- Communication skills that make other people envious; collaboration skills that make teammates thankful
- Experience with consistent account research and communication through tools such as: LinkedIn, ZoomInfo and Outreach
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and/or likeability. Preferably all 3.
- Must have experience and thorough knowledge of Salesforce, Zoom, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Preferred knowledge of Outreach, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and Loom
The Second City is an open, inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older. All candidates for this role must be able to legally enter the United States.
The Second City follows CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding safety measures to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic. To work at The Second you must show proof of being fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2. Applicants with medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 York St, Toronto, ON M5J 0B6, Canada
- 2800 Danforth Ave, Toronto, ON M4C 1M1, Canada