FiberTite Tech Rep Southwest
Wooster, OH 44691, USA Req #376
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
This position manages the needs of a specific territory to provide personal in-field technical support via direct contact with various customers, including Authorized FiberTite Applicator personnel, building owners, architects, roofing consultants, and FiberTite sales personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and Scheduling of work per Technical Services Guidelines
- Arrange and conduct travel to work locations.
- Monitor and ensure proper installation of FiberTite Roof Systems, in accordance with good roofing practice and FiberTite specifications.
- Help resolve installation problems and issues as they arise.
- Occasionally complete necessary FiberTite repairs as directed by FiberTite Warranty Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and understand basic construction blueprints, drawings, and specifications, and perform basic estimating.
- Fundamental knowledge of roofing, roofing materials, and roofing systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of roof leak detection methods, and determination of corrective repairs, associated with single-ply roofing systems.
- Ability to listen & comprehend, and express oneself both verbally and in writing, including report writing.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, general single-ply roof system inspection procedures.
- Working knowledge of building codes, i.e., FM, UL, Miami-Dade
- Working knowledge, and hands-on experience, with hot-air welding equipment as used for thermoplastic single-ply roofing applications, including proficiency in hand-welding of construction detail work, i.e., flashing application of corners, and pipes.
- Ability to present hands-on applications training to small groups.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in roofing and / or roof inspections.
- RCI Registered Roof Observer (RRO) is desired
- Basic PC skills, i.e., Word Perfect, Excel Spreadsheet, email, Internet
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA