Quality Control Supervisor
Bristol, TN, USA Req #373
Sunday, February 12, 2023
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
SUMMARY: Maintain and improve the quality systems and provide technical service to internal and external customers. Manage personnel, plan, and conduct activities to ensure product specifications and quality standards meet or exceed customer requirements. Will be responsible for coordinating responses to customer inquiries or complaints. Also providing support to the Environmental Manager for compliance of environmental regulations and requirements for the Bristol Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and performs other duties as assigned:
- Develops and maintains quality assurance documentation (test methods, quality plans)
- Prepares test reports for internal and external customers
- Provides technical support to manufacturing, R&D and technical efforts on process improvement trials in Bristol production.
- Reviews test data to ensure conformance to specifications, conduct trend and statistical process control analysis where needed.
- Conduct root cause investigation for off-specification results; address significant quality deviations with the Plant Manager and Corporate QA Manager for resolution.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Investigate and responds to customer complaints regarding quality.
- Provide technical support to customer service, sales, and external customers as needed
- Reviews purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Primary QA contact for FiberTite certification agencies (UL, FM, and BBA). Submit requests for modifications when appropriate. Updates QA Manuals as needed.
- Maintain a floor presence to show support for the production team and foster positive working relationships.
- Direct supervision of the Bristol Quality Control Lab. Duties include:
- Managing day-to-day activities in the lab, including prioritization, allocation of work, resolving issues, and timely release of material for shipment,
- Manage training and performance of the QC Technicians. Provide performance feedback and encourage skill development, develop plans for training, and set measurable challenging goals for skill advancement.
- Manage calibration and maintenance of lab equipment, recommending changes when appropriate.
- Work with the Environmental Manager to ensure Environmental & Regulatory compliance of the Bristol Plants, including maintenance of various records and monitoring operations in regard to:
- Ensure all real time data is correctly posted to reports generated for Title V;
- Schedule inspections and calibrations of bag houses with outside vendor as required by Title V;
- Monitor bag houses and water meters throughout Plants 1 and 2;
- Perform monthly SWPPP audits and quarterly water sampling;
- Ensure hazardous waste is managed in accordance with regulatory requirements, and maintain databases. Manage relationship with hazardous waste vendor.
- Maintain required Contingency Plans for all Bristol facilities;
- Schedule, attend, or conduct any necessary training for Environmental and Hazardous Waste Training as required
BS/BA technical degree with a minimum of 5 years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment. Chemistryor Formulations experience preferred.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA